In compliance with that set down in Organic Law 15/1999 of 13th December on Personal Data Protection, and in law 34/2002 of 11th July on services of the information society and electronic business, the FUNDACIÓN LILLY hereby notifies you that:
1. The FUNDACIÓN LILLY guarantees the confidentiality of all personal data provided by users.
2. To the effects of registering you on the portal and/or allowing your participation in the services accessible from the same (among others MEDES), you may need to fill in the compulsory sections of the form. The FUNDACIÓN LILLY will associate these data with your electronic mail address. Nevertheless, if the data should belong to a third party but you insert the said data, you must inform the third party of the aspects contained in this Policy and have its express consent for their treatment.
3. The personal data provided in order to proceed to registering you on the portal and/or the services accessible from the same will be included on an automated file owned by the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, the objective of which is the administration and management of the relationship existing between you and the FUNDACIÓN LILLY in a personalised manner, in order to arrange your participation in MEDES, training courses, congresses, symposiums, and announcements for organised prizes of a scientific nature and any other activity organised by the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, so as to process any enquiries you may make concerning the services of the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, in order to send you documentation of whatever kind and by various means on scientific subjects, so as to send you material from the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, it being possible for the latter to send you information on its activities and programmes, and for the providing of services characteristic of the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, in accordance with Law 34/2002 of 11th July on services of the information society and electronic business, being able to make automatic assessments based on the data you provide us with.
4. For this reason, the FUNDACIÓN LILLY understands that by means of the acceptance of this Policy of Privacy you expressly consent the treatment of your personal data for the purposes described above.
5. The FUNDACIÓN LILLY informs you that your data may be communicated to other entities with which the FUNDACIÓN LILLY works, with the aim of managing and administering the relationship between you and the FUNDACIÓN LILLY. In the same way, the FUNDACIÓN LILLY may contract with other companies located in third party countries, which can offer a level of protection that is not comparable to that of Spain, the storage and maintenance of our databases. Under no circumstances will your data be transferred to entities other than those previously mentioned or for a purpose other than the storage and maintenance of the databases.
7. In response to your concern as to the guaranteeing of the security and confidentiality of your data, the FUNDACIÓN LILLY has adopted the security levels required for the protection of personal data and has installed the technical measures available to it in order to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access to, and theft of the personal data supplied to the FUNDACIÓN LILLY.
8. In order to use certain services you will have the use of a password that must be used with diligence; only you are responsible for its appropriate custody and confidentiality. Any event allowing its illicit use by third parties must be notified immediately to the agents of the FUNDACIÓN LILLY with the objective of proceeding to its immediate cancellation.
9. In order to exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition to your data, you can write to the following address enclosing a copy of your ID or passport:
Privacy and Data Protection
Avenida de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas (Madrid), Spain
10. At any time you may declare your wish NOT to continue to receive any further notifications from the FUNDACIÓN LILLY, exercising your rights of access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition, by writing to the following address and enclosing a copy of your ID or passport: Privacy and Data Protection, FUNDACIÓN LILLY, Avenida de la Industria, 30, 28108 Alcobendas (Madrid), Spain, or to the electronic mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date of the latest revision: 21th May 2012